We are recruiting!
Youth Worker (Cambridgeshire)
£21,589 (pro rata) / 22.5 hpw (0.6 FTE)
We are looking for a new member of our team to support The Kite Trust in the delivery of services across the rural districts of Huntingdonshire, Fenland and East Cambridgeshire. This will include facilitating safe spaces for drop-in groups, providing 1:1 support to young LGBTQ+ people and occasional schools and training delivery.
The Youth Worker (Cambridgeshire) needs to be comfortable and confident working with both young people and adults and duties will include:
- Running weekly, fortnightly and monthly groups providing a safe, fun space for LGBT+ young people to meet and engage in positive activities, including managing access to venues and provision of refreshments.
- Working directly with a defined caseload of young LGBT+ people to provide 1:1 support including extensive travel across the county.
- Managing onward referrals in cases where a more specialist service is required. This will include liaising with GPs and mental health services amongst others.
- Contact and work with a variety of educational settings, including FE colleges, secondary schools, primary schools and universities.
- Occasionally supporting The Kite Trust schools and training programme, delivering workshops and training sessions with the aim of reducing discrimination towards LGBT+ young people.
- Working remotely, including accessing VPN and online systems for a variety of tasks, and maintaining regular contact with your line manager whilst working out in the field.
Further details are given in the job description and personal specification.
Applications should be submitted to Info@TheKiteTrust.org.uk by 12 noon on Monday 30th March.
CVs cannot be accepted. Interviews will take place on 1st or 2nd of April.