The UK population of LGBT+ young people is growing with around 1 in 25 young people now identifying as lesbian, gay or bisexual. Cambridgeshire has the country’s second largest LGBT+ population, with approximately 15,300 people identifying as LGBT+. This group of young people often face multiple issues to include exclusion, hate crime, online abuse, physical assault, homelessness, addiction, plus a considerably higher risk of anxiety and poor mental health.
The Kite Trust is the largest charity supporting LGBT+ young people age 12-25 across the whole of Cambridgeshire. Our vision is that LGBT+ young people are fully included in society, with equal access to opportunities, living without fear of prejudice, discrimination and harassment.
Will you join our team?
Why partner with us?
- LGBT+ equality is a hot topic, with increasing expectation on companies to foster inclusion and gender equality for all staff and customers
- Make a difference to a multiply disadvantaged group of children and young people in Cambridgeshire, experiencing exclusion, bullying, poor mental health, addiction and self harm
- A means to reach many csr goals and touch points to include community, children, youth, social exclusion, education, training and disadvantage
- Support tangible projects employees can experience, visit and be involved with close to your office & area of business
- Use our partnership to advance internal diversity & inclusion practice
- Scope to develop, engage or revitalise internal LGBT staff networks
- Enjoy branding, recognition and PR/marketing benefits
- Have access to our fundraising events for staff engagement and team building
- Access our young people for future recruitment opportunities
There are many ways companies can work in partnership with The Kite Trust and we always work to ensure the objectives of our partners are met, as well as our own:
- Become a strategic partner in one of our key projects with branding/employee involvement opportunities
- Make a corporate donation to realise one of our projects: investing in the future of LGBT+ equality and inclusion for the next generation
- Adopt us as your charity of the year: we can support with a fundraising pack, expert advice and support, together with fundraising event ideas and volunteering opportunities
- Employee & customer fundraising: excellent way to promote team spirit & employee/customer loyalty
- Sponsorship and cause related marketing: linking your brand to ours for commercial marketing benefits and branding rights to directly boost sales/customer loyalty
- Diversity & inclusion training
We are seeking forward-thinking corporate partners to join us on our mission. Will you join our team?
For more information, please contact: Will Connolly