'I loved how I felt there was zero judgement and I could be exactly who I am without fearing what people would think of me. My favourite moment was the last evening we all shared at dinner because I felt included for once and it felt like home'
'I had lots of favourite moments but some that stood out to me was yoga/midnight walk/thinking about and making my root and having a few days to be truly creative'
'My favourite thing about Camp Camp is the community and sense of safety. My favourite moments are community building happy moments (like 'High, Low, Grateful') and also rawer, more personal moments, like the closing circles'
'I'm more confident, I'm proud of myself and everyone here. I feel stronger than I ever have'
'Before Camp Camp I was really shy and I didn't talk much - in school I don't talk much, even to my friends. But here I have talked a lot and I'm really proud of myself for that'
'This has been some of, if not the best days of my life and I will never forget them'
'Camp Camp is one of the safest places you can go. You don't have to worry about what other people think. You can be as raw as you feel comfortable'
'During my time at Camp Camp I learned to take every opportunity and give everything a go, even if I don't think I'd like it. I think I gained confidence over the five days at Camp Camp'
'It's changed my life because I didn't have any friends or family before, now I feel like I am loved and I am inspired to do everything'
'I feel like I've really grown as a person. Camp Camp always seems to help me reflect on things and pull myself back together. I also got inspiration to be creative which is something I've struggled with'
Developing the skills and talents of our young people is central to the work we deliver.
Current Skills Development opportunities:
- Get involved in participatory research and support The Kite Trust in developing it’s services
- Build up your skills through a yearly programme of training and support us through volunteering with the charity
Youth Leadership opportunities
- Want to help plan the youth tent @pride?
- Interested in leading our summer residential ‘Camp Camp’?
- Then our youth leadership opportunities are probably for you.
Email us to find out more about any of the above opportunities and apply.
‘Camp Camp’ is our summer residential programme.
This is a residential programme with a difference: as well as the usual campfires and team-building games, we offer a particular focus on health and well-being and creative expression. Young people have the opportunity to deepen their connection to a sense of community, learn new skills, and make lasting friendships.
Young people came away refreshed, inspired, encouraged, and supported by a new network of friends and allies. One young person told us that they had “found family for the first time” at Camp Camp.
Each year we open our application process in February for any young person who is LGBT+ and aged under 25 living in Cambridgeshire.
Youth engagement is central to the planning leading up to the residential and during the camp itself with a group of 4 young people taking a leadership role in the planning process and others running workshops throughout the week. We are keen to hear from you if you think you would like to take up the mantle of becoming one of the camp leaders for 2020.
We are busy writing our report for 2019 but you can find a link to our 2018 stewardship-report here.
Every year we have a number of individual and business donors who become our annual fairy godparents. For a £500 donation you can become a Fairy Godparent which covers the costs for a young person to attend.
- Receive a verbal mention in any public events associated with Camp Camp
- Logo placement on The Kite Trust website
- Receive invitations to public events associated with Camp Camp
- Receive a stewardship report after each camp
Please note that Camp Camp will not:
- Market to youth directly or indirectly. Corporate logos will not appear on educational materials, the camp facilities or on any gifts provided to campers
- Facilitate contact with campers for third party events or media opportunities