“Being part of a community is good for us adults, as well as the young people. Feeling like we help each other is also great and empowering for everyone!”
Applying to Volunteer
If any of the roles describe below appeal, we’d love to hear from you. Fill in teh enquiry form below and we’ll be in touch to discuss further!
Skills & Experience
All volunteers undergo an enhanced DBS check and are asked to provide two references. You will receive training relevant to your role including safeguarding training.
You will get a chance to gain:
- Experience with working with young people
- Understanding of issues effecting LGBTQ+ young people
- Understanding of safeguarding and best practice when working with young people
Youth Group Support Volunteer
To support the Youth Worker in delivering high quality youth work activities to LGBTQ+ youth through scheduled regular groups.
Number of hours needed in-person: 3 hours a session, commitment to at least one session a month.
Number of hours needed online: 1 hour a session, commitment to at least one session a month.
To provide training recipients with a deeper insight into the lives of LGBTQ+ people. This can be by sharing personal story if you are comfortable with this, or just supporting
half day and full day training sessions.
Number of hours needed: Sessions range from 2 hours to a full day and take place both online and in-person.
We are also keen to hear from you if you would like to volunteer in a less regular way to support other aspects of our work such as:
- Helping to plan events
- Stewarding or helping to set up on the day
- Supporting the smooth running of fundraising or publicity campaigns (e.g. sharing content online or distributing flyers and posters)